Sustainability is about economic growth as well as environmental protection.
Stalwarts from the field of environment are also of the same opinion that a healthy ecology is the basis for a healthy economy. Hence, both ecology and economy go hand in hand. Realising the importance of this topic, Socio Story Foundation (SSF) is organising a virtual conference that will see experts discussing and providing the probable solutions for a balance between ecology and economy.
One-of-its-kind in India, SSF will be organising the event ‘Aligning Economy with Ecology’ on November 7, 2020, from 4 pm onwards.
Manoj Pachauri, Founder of Socio Story, said, “The objective of the event is emphasized to create awareness about various aspects of the environment and sustainability among youth. Climate change is real and it’s one of the most pressing issues in the world that requires our attention. Socio Story believes that awareness on climate change is important in order to sensitize youth on sustainable living.”
Interested participants can register on:
The speakers for this national event are:
- Grammy awardee Ricky Kej– an Indian composer, music producer and Environmentalist
- Grammy nominee Lonnie Park (USA)- a vocalist, keyboardist, songwriter, engineer, producer
- Padma Bhushan awardee Dr Anil Prakash Joshi– an Indian green activist, social worker, botanist and the founder of HESCO.
- Magsaysay awardee Dr Rajendra Singh (Waterman of India)- Indian water conservationist and environmentalist
- Ms.Parul Kumar, Co-Founder- Prabhaav Foundation
- Mr.Ritwik Bahuguna, Wazir Advisors & Roots Foundation
The topic of the event is; “Why economies of the environment have become the need of the hour?”
The discussion will be around the following points:
- How to address environmental issues?
- Concepts of equity, fairness, right and justice when applied to the environment.
- Measures to limit environmental damage.
About Socio Story:
Socio Story is a development advocacy platform that brings stories of social changemakers to the world and raises a voice on various pressing issues like climate change, education, poverty, healthcare etc.
It’s a platform where social changemakers can share their tale & journey of toil, grit and leadership towards achieving their social goals for creating a better India. It features and gives a platform to unsung social changemakers, spread positive news, celebrate their success, and showcase the positive social impact work of lesser-known or unvoiced change makers.