Amongst the many things India is known for, it is fondly admired for its rich taste in culture and architecture.
Tourism industry which continues to be a substantial part of India has grown exponentially over the years with more and more foreigners choosing to explore the country. Tourism contributes nearly 9.4% to the country’s GDP and supports 8% of the total employment.
India which continues to be home to some of the best artists in the world has a stronghold in the sector of cultural heritage sites which includes some of the most famous monuments of the world.
Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma recently revealed the top revenue-generating monuments in the country between 2015 and 2018 and the list is surely bewitching.
1. Ajanta Caves- Aurangabad, Maharashtra
2. Monuments in Khajuraho- Chhatarpur, Madhya Pradesh
3. Ellora Caves- Aurangabad, Maharashtra
4. Monuments in Mamallapuram- Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu
5. Sun Temple- Konark, Odisha
6. Humayun’s Tomb- New Delhi
7. Red Fort- New Delhi
8. Qutub Minar- New Delhi
9. Agra Fort- Agra, Uttar Pradesh
10. Taj Mahal- Agra, Uttar Pradesh
So, if you haven’t already been to these places, we believe you must pack because it’s time for a trip!