Image from Unsplash.com
Traveling to different places is such a wonderful experience. The adventures that await you and the rush of excitement as you tour new countries and diverse cultures are such an unforgettable experience that lingers in your memory for a long time.
This experience, however, has been cut short due to the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus. Countries all over the world have placed travel bans on citizens from other nations, citing the spread of the virus as the cause.
New Possibility Unlocked! Virtual Exploration
Luckily though, to experience the world right from your home is not an impossibility anymore. This is achievable utilizing virtual travel. You do not need to abandon your space when you seek to explore the different parts of any continent.
You can go on a virtual tour right from your phone, laptop, or VR headset. Virtual travel is cheap, fast, and very convenient if you seek to explore new places and have awesome experiences. All you need most of the time is a great internet connection and you’re good to go.
Ways to Explore the World
Here are some quality types of virtual travel that would give you unforgettable memories:
- Visit the Zoo: If you are a nature lover and you want to take time off the daily schedules that involve work and experience nature in its beauty, then, this type of tour is what you should consider.
- Take a Virtual Trip Across Japan: Virtual reality technology has reinvented how people travel. Japan National Tourism Association provides a VR movie for anyone who wants to take a trip across the country. This VR movie is usually live and provides a view of Japanese culture and people in real-time.
- Hike The Great Wall of China: If you are a top traveler that loves to experience ancient landmarks, then a visit to the Great Wall of China would be on the top of your list.
- Tour Heritage Sites Across the World: Google Earth offers an amazing 3D virtual tour of 30 iconic Heritage Sites from around the world. This tour usually begins with a zoomed-out view of the planet earth, then you can zoom in and click on various sites you want to visit.
- Watch Movies: There are so many streaming sites to stream from presently but Netflix remains the best. If you are a movie fan and would love to just sit in front of your TV and explore various kinds of movies not available in your home country, connecting to a Netflix VPN is always the best route to go as it allows you unrestricted access to geo-restricted content.
There are zoos worldwide like the Monterey Bay Aquarium which offer live webcam viewings of monkeys, lions, whales, penguins, pandas, and other animals. This is a great experience for you and probably your child too as there is so much to see and learn about.
This is great for tourism as you experience first-hand what it is like living in Japan.
With the current travel ban, Virtual hiking of the Wall has been provided by the Chinese Tourism Organization to anyone from around the world. This tour spans six and a half miles and gives you a great view of China.
These sites offered by Google Earth ranges from The Taj Mahal, The Sphinx to The Pyramids of Egypt, and many more.
Leveraging this technology provided by Google improves your knowledge of the earth and also takes you around iconic sites you might not have had the chance to visit regularly.
This ensures you have access to movies that are geographically not present in your zone and guarantees you a pleasurable time.
These are great experiences and even though they might not guarantee the same pleasure as sticking your feet in the sand, Virtual travel provides a much-needed escape, and an avenue to see the world through our phones and computers.